Thursday, January 1, 2015

Chicken Barbecue


A few days ago, my sister bought a new grill. She wanted me to include chicken barbecue for our New Year feast. I readily obliged since I had not posted yet a chicken barbecue recipe in my blog.  I prepared a sweet style sauce for the chicken pieces and marinated it for more than an hour. While I was grilling the chicken pieces, I also made java rice. Good thing we had a bottle of atsara. For me, chicken barbecue, java rice and atsara make a great combination. Happy 2015!

Ingredients
  • 500 gms chicken pieces
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup tomato catsup (preferably sweet blend)
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • salt and pepper
Preparation

1. In a bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce,
    vinegar, catsup, sugar, salt and pepper.

2. Marinate the chicken pieces into the mixture
    for more than an hour.

3. Grill over charcoal. Baste from time to time
    using the remaining marinade.

4. Serve with java rice and atsara.


No comments:

Post a Comment