Winged bean, also known as four angled bean is a rich source of vitamin A (for normal vision and immune system). Despite this, some people are not very keen in eating winged bean (sigarilyas) probably because of its "bitter" taste. Adding coconut milk is a great way to enhance its flavor and taste. Even kids will love it!
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup lean ground pork
- 6-8 pieces winged bean (sigarilyas), sliced diagonally
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- red chilies (optional)
1. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic
2. Stir in lean ground pork and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add the sliced winged bean and cook until tender.
4. Add the coconut milk and stir constantly.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.